Cheesy and bubbly.
- 8 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 30 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 8 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces Parmesan, grated
- 2 jars marinara sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta shells and cook for half the listed cooking time on the package; make sure not to overcook. Drain and rinse in cool water. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix together ricotta, Romano, parsley, basil, egg, salt and pepper, and half the Parmesan. Stir until combined.
4. Coat the bottom of a baking dish with a little marinara sauce. Fill each half-cooked shell with cheese mixture and place filling-side-up on sauce. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture. Top shells with remaining sauce. Sprinkle on mozzarella and extra Parmesan.
5. Bake until cheese is bubbly, 25 minutes.
Leave a Reply