This mouthwatering, versatile dish can be enjoyed as a main course, or a yummy side paired with your favorite summer feasts.
Sautéed Butternut Squash With Kale And Spinach
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 whole butternut squash peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 bunch kale leaves torn, stalks discarded
- 12 oz spinach chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add squash and sprinkle with salt, pepper. Cook for several minutes, turning gently with a spatula until squash is deep golden brown and tender but not falling apart. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat and add in kale and spinach. Toss with tongs and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cooked squash and gently toss together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve as a side or main dish or as a filling for quesadillas or sandwiches.