This tried-and-true creation doesn’t have to be a restaurant-only acquisition
PREPARED, STYLED, AND PHOTOGRAPHED BY CARLA WITT FORD
Pickled Red Onions
This tried-and-true creation doesn’t have to be a restaurant-only acquisition.
- 1¼ cups water
- 2 red onions medium
- 1¼ cups white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 quart-size canning jar with ring and lid sterilized
- Heat water in a saucepan. Remove from heat before it simmers. Set aside.
- Slice onions into thin rings. Transfer to canning jar.
- Add sugar, salt, and vinegar to warm water. Stir until salt and sugar dissolve.
- Pour mixture into canning jar, over onions. Press onions down with a spoon so they are fully immersed.
- Close lid and refrigerate. Marinate overnight.