Pasta, pesto, potatoes, and green beans, oh my!
- 1 pound dried pasta (linguine or spaghetti)
- 5 ounces medium-sized Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 4 ounces fresh green beans (about 20), stems trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths on a bias
- 1 8-ounce jar pesto sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, boil pasta, potatoes, and green beans until pasta is al dente and potatoes and green beans are very tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water, and transfer pasta, potatoes, and green beans to a large bowl.
- Add pesto sauce to pasta along with ¼ cup pasta cooking water. Toss well to emulsify pesto and pasta water into a creamy sauce. Add more pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time as needed, if pasta is too dry. Drizzle in fresh olive oil if desired.
- Serve with Parmigiano-Reggiano on the side.
Please follow and like us: