Moist and tender—simply double the recipe if you are expecting guests. Marinate the chicken 1 day in advance and store in an airtight container.
Herb Marinated Chicken
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dill dried
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse pepper
- 4 split chicken breasts bone in, skin on
- Olive oil for grill
- Whisk marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to 500˚. Lightly brush the grates with olive oil and place the chicken skin down on the hot area of the grill. Grill for about 20–30 minutes until cooked through (160˚ in the thickest part of the breast). Turn halfway through cooking. Remove to a plate and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes. Serve hot or room temperature.
This recipe is from the WV Living Summer 2011 issue from the Contemporary Camping Easy and Delicious Recipes.