- 4 cups water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup stone-ground, old-fashioned grits
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
1. Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add grits, cover with a lid, and cook until water is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
2. Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Fry bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well. In grease, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions, and garlic. Saute for
3. Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.
yield: 4 servings