Pumpkin Roll Cake
- 13×9-inch jelly roll pan
- large mixing bowl
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp ground clove
- pinch of salt
- 3 large egss beatened to blend
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp confectioners' sugar
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- conefectioners' sugar for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 13×9-inch jelly roll pan with cooking spray. Line pan with waxed paper; butter paper. Mix first 7 ingredients in large bowl. Mix in eggs and pumpkin. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 15 minutes or until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Lay kitchen towel on counter; dust with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Place cake onto sugared towel, waxed-paper side up. Cool cake.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, butter and vanilla in medium bowl; beat to blend.
- Peel paper from cake. Spread cream cheese filling evenly over cake. Using towel as a guide, roll up cake and place seam side down on platter. Trim ends of cake. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. (Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Cut cake crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices and serve. Yeild: 12-18 slices.