A Cookie Made with the Flavors of Fall
FOOD PREPARED, STYLED, AND PHOTOGRAPHED BY CARLA WITT FORD
Elizabeth McClellan’s Apple Butter Cookies
- ¼ cup butter room temperature
- ½ cup apple butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup cinnamon and sugar mixed together
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cream together the butter, apple butter, and sugar. Mix with the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the cinnamon, flour, baking soda, and tartar in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for two hours
- Use a tablespoon to portion out the cookies. Roll each into a ball and roll each ball through the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 13–15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Leave a Reply